Terri is experienced in preparing tax returns and strategic tax planning. Her focus is on high-net-worth families, anticipating and solving intergenerational issues. Many of Terri’s clients refer to her as an invaluable historian for their family, who keeps them focused on achieving their long-term goals.
Her practice also addresses the unique arena of nonprofit organizations, including public charities, private foundations, and planning for the benefactors who create and fund them.
Prior to joining Mohle Adams, Terri worked for two of the Big Four public-accounting firms. She was instrumental in discovering and resolving flaws in financial plans—one resulting in favorable legal reformation of a charitable remainder trust and the favorable issuance of a private-letter ruling, saving the family more than $10 million in transfer taxes.
In her pre-Mohle Adams career, Terri also established a family office for one of Houston’s largest privately owned real estate conglomerates. In this role, Terri demonstrated that she was fully capable of pulling together a team to assist family members in all aspects of financial planning, including estate, retirement, cash-flow planning, health and property/casualty insurance and investment planning—as well as business formation and major-asset acquisition.
At Mohle Adams, Terri continues to serve high-net-worth families, trusts and estates; closely held businesses; nonprofit organizations and investment partnerships.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Houston chapter (Tax Expo Committee member for 25 years).
- Planned Giving Council of Houston (former board member).
- CPA/PFS (Personal Financial Specialist).
- Certified Financial Planner®.
- B.B.A. in accounting from the University of Houston.
- Master of Science in accountancy from the University of Houston.